Sunday, September 4, 2011

Alternate Query

This is a first-draft query for my novel Alternate. Any feedback/critiques are welcome ^^


Dear Agent,

Fifteen-year-old Damian Farrow has the ability to stop a speeding car in its tracks, and learns that while he may be unusually lucky, he isn’t the only one.

A single day is repeating over and over again, and the Key to restart time cannot be found. But what is impossible in this world may not be in another—a parallel universe full of malevolent enemies. Damian’s luck is a tool for him to use, and is the only thing which will save him from certain death, if only he knew how to use it.

As Damian slowly learns to control his power, a dark secret haunts their footsteps. The parallel universe is controlled and ruled by their enemies. To find the Key, they must infiltrate the headquarters of the world’s supreme dictator. Drastically outnumbered and outmatched, the chances of reaching that goal are slim. But if they fail, then the human race will be enslaved by the repetition of a single day for the rest of eternity.

ALTERNATE is a young adult fantasy novel at 73,000 words.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I was wondering if you'd be interested in a link swap? You post about www.notebookinhand.com in some way (a mention, a whole blog post, on your sidebar, whatever) and I'll link to you from NiH in return, hopefully getting you some more followers? NiH is a forum for creative people. You'd be a perfect fit, so you're invited to join as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ^_^ I'd love to! That sounds like an amazing forum, I'll definitely check it out when I get a chance.

    As for the feature, look out for it soon :) I'm a bit busy though, so it may come a bit later than expected...but it will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. :) I'd love to see you around on the forums too, we LOVE having Australian members (I'm from Adelaide). And lots of writing talk.

    I'll go and link to you right now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aand I have a post ^_^ Oh really? That's so awesome! xD *Hi-5s*

    ReplyDelete